Challenge: Online, Self-paced Curriculum Offered Little Opportunity to Network and Connect with Other Students
- Online, competency-based MBA program was self-paced, making it even more difficult than traditional online programs, for students to connect with one another and faculty
- Students that aren't engaged run higher risk of dropping out, failing and not graduating
- Needed a single solution that would allow students to create a social profile, manage classes and take care of administrative tasks like paying tuition
Solution: Salesforce Communities to Connect Students and Faculty
- Salesforce Communities for 1,000 MBA program students
- Social collaboration through Chatter allows students and faculty to interact, communicate and form Groups about courses, common interests, etc.
- Highly customized and branded unique student experience through Visualforce
- Mobility-enabled means that students can access the community from any device
Results: True Social Student Community Engages Students, Helps Persist to Graduation
- First truly holistic student experience platform, allowing for learning management, administration and social networking
- Students are better engaged, meaning that they persist, progress and graduate, becoming valued alumni of the university system
How EDMC Uses Salesforce Communities to Engage Students: 3 Questions with Tracey Zimmerman, VP of Student Experience and Innovation
It’s pretty apparent that the world of education is changing. From the the early days of homeschooling to today’s on-demand education providers like Khan Academy, there is more choice, freedom and flexibility in education than ever before. Read more...